Happy July everyone! I hope summer has been treating you well. This month we celebrate Independence Day. I asked the residents about their favorite things about the holiday. Most of their responses were spending time with family, watching the fireworks and all the wonderful food. They love grilled hotdogs, baked beans, potato salad and fruit salad. I thought I would share an easy and delicious potato salad recipe with you all below.
Loaded Baked Potato Salad
3 lbs of potatoes wash, cut in to 1-inch pieces
½ cup of ranch dressing
½ cup of sour cream
1 tsp of salt
½ tsp of black pepper
½ tsp of garlic powder
1 ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese
10 slices of crispy bacon chopped
2 tbls of chives
1. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer potatoes for 10 minutes, until tender.
2. Drain potatoes and rinse with cold water. Allow them to cool completely.
3. In a medium bowl mix together the ranch dressing, sour cream, salt, pepper, garlic powder. Set aside.
4. When potatoes are cooled place them in a large bowl. Pour the sour cream mixture on top and stir to coat. Mix in the cheese bacon and chives.
5. Chill for 3 hours or overnight.
6. Garnish with more cheese, bacon, and chives if desired.